[Call for Scores is now closed]
The South African Society for Research in Music invites submissions of scores from South African composers for the 2018 New Music Meeting. The 2018 faculty features composers Clare Loveday, Andile Khumalo and Jürgen Bräuninger.
This meeting links to SASRIM’s annual congress, and will consist of seminars presented by Loveday, Khumalo and Bräuninger; individual workshop sessions; and open rehearsals with ensemble. This year we are thrilled to welcome internationally acclaimed musicians Naomi Sullivan (saxophone) and Luke Newby (clarinet) as the ensemble in residence. The New Music Meeting will culminate in live performances of accepted scores during the 2018 SASRIM national congress, to be held at the University of KwaZulu Natal in Durban. Financial assistance for travel and subsistence will be available to successful applicants.
- Submissions are invited for works for: solo saxophone; solo clarinet; clarinet and saxophone; or clarinet, saxophone and piano.
- Works should be 5-7 minutes in length.
- Scores should be submitted in PDF format.
- MIDI-realisations should be submitted in MP3 format.
- Composers may not submit more than one work.
Entries close on 30 June 2018. To enter, submit scores and MIDI-files to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter containing your name, contact details and South African ID number.